Sim Racing 2024

I will DL this and the karting superstars as well I think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KartKraftGame/s/4jarHtC5Vd

For want of a better place to put this…

This seems good

Anyone ever tried Rennsport? Tried it for a few minutes today and was struggling to get the wheel to feel decent.

Is that a new title?

Their webpage isn’t loading which might have something to do with the feckless steering feel.

It’s in a closed beta currently. I feel like the physics have decent potential, but have absolutely no feedback through the wheel

My favorite thing about sims is the ability to make combos that otherwise would not happen.

Andre and Elias used to do the most bizarre races like lifted truck vs engine swapped racecar that’s too hard to drive on inappropriate circuits like a highly banked super speedway.

I tried some fun combos in RFactor some time ago.

I have a video somewhere of me trying to drive a Williams FW11 turbo era car around DKC. The laps were too scrappy to get a decent time but top speed was 140+ into T1. Tried rock island in it too. Tried a NASCAR truck around the rock, a 250 super around a 1/2mi paved oval and other silly things.

1 Like

Had a session with a pretty cool dude last night! Pretty cool since Dale Jr is the reason I’ve raced the #8 my whole life.

3 Likes

Now that’s a nice sim “flex”. Very cool.
I once was in an Irace with the equally amazing Warren Chamberlin, randomly.

Also it’s important to note that unlike the guy who took 1st, you did so with zero incidents and he had 3. You win the mini-game.

#7 is appropriately named with 12 incidents.

1 Like

I did a week 13 MX-5 race at the Indy oval with him once. I think I went from like 25th to the lead in a few laps just absolutely divebombing everyone 3-4 wide. We bump drafted for a few laps.

Dale rules.

1 Like

Just practice session so that order didn’t reflect the standings. The cars numbers are just listed first come first serve. I got in the lobby first so I stole the #8 from Dale lol. I think I set the fastest lap by over 4 or 5 seconds. It’s a Ferrari fixed guaranteed rain race I’ve been running a lot. Working on my wet weather driving.

1 Like

Those are usually the most fun. Honestly the only reason I had forza was to do dumb stuff with you and Elias. However in iracing, the pro 2 lite truck works surprisingly well around snetterton 300.

1 Like

my biggrest regret 17 years ago (!!!) was not realising a sim racing channel was probably more profitable idea when I made this

1 Like

Bold pass and you didn’t get squished. Fun idea.

@Muskabeatz wtf and wow

This is a gorgeous trick he does…

Scheckler is an animal!

When did he emerge? He seems like he’s cut from the Zero cloth… big stuff with consequences. Such style, so smooth.