Sim Racing 2024

Warren,
Shower thought (driving):
Regarding the slow driving/imaginary driving…
It occurs to me that one of the big things I get out of this is playing with the release of the turn, the unwind. I think having massive tires makes that more “feely”. The width of the tires maybe exaggerates their centering force or something.

In any case, I get a lot out of playing with the roll-out. Thats always been a thing for me, holding steering angle too long. Playing with the rollout allows me to mess with the hand/foot/eye relationship in Slowmo, kinda.

:frowning: :frowning: RIP Cheems

Untitled

It occurs to me Warren, that your efforts to understand the mysteries of driving at and even beyond the limit, are primarily focused on the driver and car relationship and inputs.

There is another way to continually improve and deliver winning results that does not require any personal improvement or talent: cheating and behaving badly.

I propose that we build an addition to the Chamberlin Slip Angle Academy… the Apex Aggression Institute. I will gather the data we need from successful racers such as TJ and study this important aspect of Motorsport.

I still have the same mental block. As soon as I need to race, my IQ drops to room temperature. Went from A to C and lost 200 irating in 2 weeks. I am firing up the smurf account so I can go back to my usual level, at least pace wise

I think that’s an iracing thing. That disease seems to be avoidable IRL.

Not really, I am as stupid IRL

One thing I’ve noticed is that I just can’t get engaged with simming as much as IRL. Best example being sector and lap times. In sims I find myself forgetting to look for these while driving and recalling fastest lap times seems to be difficult. It’s very strange. I have no problems doing either IRL.

Just one of those things I guess.

Meh occasionally. But it seems you get more triggered by iracing.

That is odd. For me the whole sim thing was drenched in data.

Exact opposite: real racing has (for me) limited data (no mychron). So when I go racing or do stuff like supercharged TT I’m in a data desert. No idea what’s going on laptime wise while racing.

Sim was exact opposite. I was working sector data to find areas of improvement.

So as not to pollute the other thread… @Stamatis125 heres what NYC subways looked like in the 70s. Hard to believe this movie was “edgy” back in the day… the world changed. New York subway stations, however, still kind of feel old and dirty. They have made some changes in recent years but it’s still pretty gritty in some places. But now there’s mosaics and stuff.

1 Like

Thats a classic one movie !

1 Like

I did this setup for my boss…

1 Like

Oh my that is nice…… and it wears both hats well, I bet.
What size are the monitors and what’s he running this with? How about heat from those screens or are they cool?

The monitors are SAMSUNG 55-inch Odyssey Ark, after a bit they get warm but this system also has fans as you drive around… the room is rarely over 67 degrees.

Cool! What cpu/gpu combo are you using?

Suit up Warren.

Instead of big men racing little cars we can be small men racing big bicycles. Coincidentally, @AndreLafond has a background in cycling stuff and I bet we could get him to train us up real quick.

1 Like

Help me decide:

• Hero max replacement of current model for 100
  • Wait for hero max upgrade and get that for 100 via trade up
  • Go get the new insta360 v4
0 voters

Nothing crazy i9 and 4090

1 Like

Why intel though ? Seems like the worst choice for highend CPU

AMD is top dog these days?

Have you seen that crazy YouTuber build? There’s a guy who has a rig he made to do videos with really big screens. It’s supposed to look lifelike in the videos (it does). He did a video about the build and one of his issues was heat. The screens were a bit bigger tho.