SKUSA SuperNats 25 Official Thread

Pretty wild. Quite the stuck throttle. The video after the session of him getting the kart on the recovery trailer showed all the studs ripped out of the hub which the wheel came off of.

I have seen this before:

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxUgYetbqKQVhoAmh_hRjuhKd48C2QARPF

1 Like

When did skusa add banana power ups?

That was insane. A physical manifest ion of how I feel with everyday life.
Or when I try to understand chassis setup :smiley:

1 Like

Ouch… I can relate to that a little more than I wish I did.

1 Like

Way back I mounted the throttle cable too tight and started the kart on the ground.
I did not have a kart stand yet…

Can you picture what happened in the garage? :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Badass drive by Musgrave in KA masters there!

Isn’t he in his 20s or has time flown by?

Time certainly has flown by :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not exactly SKUSA25 related as I’ve seen it at Orlando as well on KC. How are they backing it in (similar to bikes) the karts into that corner? So from a technical standpoint, how are they… and then why are they?

Most of the karts are rear brake only so the kart dances under very hard braking as the rear tires start to lock and get light, like a bike.

Generally if you do that too much it’s going to not let the kart work it’s best in the corner. But most of these guys are gathering it up enough before they start turn-in. In that first corner you can dance it into the apex a bit more, and since this is a parking lot track, the penalty for a bit of slide isn’t as big, so you can play with the kart a bit more.

1 Like

The brake control through the kink and into 1 has been amazing to watch!!

1 Like

Anyone see what happened to Cooper in X30 master heat 2?

Edit: watched the replay, i guess chain or engine.

Turn 1 Lap 1…… “I’m through it Harry!”

2 Likes

said Cooper did an engine on the Kart Chaser stream this morning

1 Like

I think it was KA JR yesterday that the KC stream caught a driver messing with their front wing under red flag. Had the commentators laughing as this kid is frantically fixing his front wing. Lol

I think I heard engine over the PA.

I heard (first hand) one team has lost 13 engines so far this weekend.

People have been saying the Aspen fuel for this event is at least acting different than the Aspen they’ve been using for the rest of the season, causing problems for a number of drivers and teams.

It was X30 Junior, and the announcers weren’t told it was a full restart since lap 1 never got completed, so the driver was allowed to reset his bumper. They were thinking they just caught the kid on the broadcast fixing his bumper about to get DQ’d. It was funny to see him bringing his friend over to try and get it back on.

Also, holy cow a couple of those LCQ’s were rough. 9th place in KA Junior got the final transfer, and 9th in Pro Shifter made it in too. Every year I forget just how crazy those LCQ’s are

Regarding engines popping, should be noted that the rough surface and long straight usually is pretty hard on engines. We revved our KAs to 17k plus there.

I know some were touching 18k in Senior this weekend. I actually haven’t heard of any KA’s having fuel related issues, but X30 and Shifter sound like they have been.