SKUSA SuperNats 25 Official Thread

I heard the same thing from teams at Summernats too. Seems like the fuel has been inconsistent for some reason. Either that or they are making changes and not disclosing.

Yeah 18K with a 54mm slug in an x30 is not gonna last long.

Weren’t temps in the 40’s at some point too? (Thinking about how some were saying fuel was behaving differently)

18k would be in KA since X30 has a limiter.

2 Likes

Yeah, the mornings and nights were down in the 40s, nights in the 30s. There were some fuel separation issues too. Nothing anybody can do about it since they have the fuel farm the jugs have to stay in all week.

Are the engines lasting more than a couple of hours on a piston? The old ICAs that rev’ed to 19k, 20k were good for 1.5-2 hrs on a piston.

I rarely get things right, but good call this time :sweat_smile:

Well they’re a little more overbuilt than the old ICA’s, you’re not allowed to take the head off once it’s sealed so they at least lasted from qualifying on.

@Simone_Perego kid drove a good race. Pacewise he wasn’t the best but kept everything together over the whole weekend and that’s what you need.

Unreal KA Jr penalty for the 827.

1 Like

Amazed and heartbroken for wick and formal

2 Likes

Both of the shifter classes were crazy main events. They were dropping like flies in Masters, and I was on the edge of my seat during the Pro red flag.

Makes sense that they didn’t allow Formal and Wick to restart, though it sure would have been badass if they had…

3 Likes

I find it nuts you guys spin your KAs to 17K let alone 18k what gearing are you running to get that and what’s the speed (mph/Kph)

All in all a good event to watch, and liked the increased effort before races. Just elevates the drivers a bit more. The work that must have to go into this event from SkUSA and Kartchaser gives me a migraine thinkng about it. The tyre situation seems a little random which was a shame, seemed to kill off a few races. Hopefully we get another RIO race next year with the November F1 invasion.

2 Likes

#301 (Norberg)- Noncompliant pipe- DQ

Will power got DSQ for Squish too RACE Main Event, 2022 SKUSA SuperNats XXV, SuperKarts! USA, United States - Official Event Results, MYLAPS Speedhive

How the heck does Norberg get DQ’d for an exhaust? You’d think RPG is on top of things and something like that shouldn’t have happened. Aren’t the karts teched to some degree after the previous days qualifying for example? What did they change or what did tech miss over the weekend?

That was some serious skill & competition. As usual, pro shifter didn’t disappoint. Pedro Hiltdbrand really sent it.

It’s not every track. At New Castle, which is a longer track, this year I was only spinning 15,8 or so. SuperNats has a long straight and some tight hairpins with low grip so you need more gear to get off the corner.

I know at New Castle this year the gear range was big. The two main leaders were running 1k RPM difference at times and running the same lap times.

Cheers TJ, we have pretty short tracks in Western Australia son dont have the super long straights so very rarely see 16k is 17-18 seems bonkers to me. what kind of speeds are you guys doing at the bigger tracks in KA.

ill get back to supernats disscusion now. seems like Will Power also with RPG went under for squish. guess this is what happens when you push the limits of the rules for performance sometimes you push them to far.

X30 senior was a hoot. Good race by Ryan. I was thinking to myself, watching the pack of 10 or so between 4-14, battling constantly, 3 wide, etc, that this was a rare occasion where everyone ignores TJs window shopping rule and just has at it.

Cool pass:

With two front running drivers both get DSQd for technical infringements, then SKUSA should be investigating this thoroughly. I know Kremers was bemoaning lack of power in his interview, so I guess drivers were raising questions. i’d love to know the details of Norberg’s pipe non-compliance.

Same…esp after the rash of KA pipe issues this year that lead to the crackdown in tech on KA pipes. Wondering if it was something simple like a broken spring and excessive leaking, or if it was more in line with the KA issues from this year