Starting a 3D printing Karting business

SLA does produce superior parts, but the post processing is somewhat prohibitive, value depending. I suppose a resin pin would suffice, though the WK aluminum block + steel pin combo makes it strong enough to also be useful for loading/unloading duties.

I do have an Elegoo Mars Pro for SLA stuff. Sometimes it’s nice to just hit print and peel the part off when done. I built my own cleaning and UV cure oven which makes processing SLA prints easier. Other issue is the resin system stinks to high heaven and I’m pretty allergic to it :confused:

Saw these this AM

Seemed pretty cool and probably useful to some.

1 Like

I think it could Definitely be shrunk and more compact if you used a small laser like a bore sight laser used in gun barrels to sight in a scope or sights.

Those would be interesting. I’m not sure how much of a market there will be for them since most people just toss an M6 bolt in there.

That’s a cool idea. I’ve always just shined a flashlight through a ~30mm spacer to get it lined up. Which basically does the same thing. Though that system is probably more accurate.

I like that seat laser. I could use one of those as I always seem to have one seat hole I have to wallow out to get things mounted. Haha

I saw a 3d printed piece somewhere for adjusting the caster camber kit. Might have been for parolin style kit but theres no reason you couldn’t design one for each chassis brand.

Edit: found it.

A friend made one of those already and they’re super helpful when it comes to making changes. I want to make one for KR and for OTK.

1 Like

It’s been a little bit since I’ve done an update but I’ve done some tuning and reworking on some designs. Came up with a new style of exhaust cap for both Senior IAME (KA, X30, Screamer 3) motors as well as Swift. Also came up with some tweaks on the carb cap so now there’s no slop in it for a better seal. Made some reinforcements on the tabs of the KR camber caps. As well as came up with a block off plate for the reed block when the carb is removed and a Swift exhaust block plate (I’ll post pictures shortly. The ones I printed last week made their way to GoPro this weekend).

For those of you who placed orders I can’t thank you enough. If anyone has any feedback for the parts they ordered please DM me. I’d love to hear your thoughts/concerns/etc!

7 Likes

I got tired of removing zip ties to the Lambda sensor each time I removed the pipe, so I whipped up this quick bracket and some clips to keep things tidy.

I do think the opportunity is in these sorts of brackets. They just neaten everything up.

I just got a 3d printer and have been experimenting with printing parameters and designs to see what i can do. Printer isnt that great with abs (bed can’t get hot enough). I’ve had to mock up an improvised enclosure to keep the heat in.

Trying to decide if I want to test a water pump pulley I’ve printed lol.

I’ve been printing in PETG. I haven’t graduated up to other stronger/heat resistant materials yet. But it’s really nice to just quickly solve a random problem that’ll make your life easier in the long run.

Yeah i do that with PLA. No issues printing that at all.

PLA isn’t UV stable and will degrade outdoors. PETG and ABS is what you want. I print exclusively in PETG and will orientate my parts in my slicer if I need strength in a certain direction.

2 Likes

Well, as of yesterday I’m now unemployed, so I’m firing this back up to help bring in some money. I took down the Shopify store last year because I didn’t have enough traffic to justify keeping it open. But I’ll re-open it in the future if I get enough sales. For now I’ll accept orders the less-official way of sending me a PM stating what you’d like and I can send an invoice.

To make everyone’s life easier the pricing will be easy:
Caster covers $10/pair if PETG, $15 for TPU (rubber)
Everything else $5 each
Shipping is a flat rate $5

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the job loss :confused: never fun.

Hopefully the influx of KP orders is a welcome distraction.

Feel free to post in classifieds too.

There’s another discussion thread on here about locking down the steering wheel when working on font alignment. I’d suggest making a solution for that that fits either the most popular chassis, or something that’s universal.

I actually changed my mind. I did re-open the store. It’d just be a lot easier to manage the orders and it already has all of the pictures and color options. I did create a discount code: kartpulse to apply 50% discount to the entire order.

4 Likes

Do you think a set of hub shims (for rear axle) would ever withstand the use environment?