(Weekly) KartPulse Racer Videos Thread

I think its a bit of Hill + Good Run, maybe. The elevation changes maybe exaggerate the mistakes and accentuate the positives!

Very well could be. I made some mistakes that didnā€™t allow me to pass like near the end on kart #23, but I got him at the end. TJ says Iā€™m losing speed on that last left hander, do you see anything else

1 Like

Did you have the momentum at 7:45 of second video to complete the pass? Looks like you could have been alongside to slightly ahead by turn in. Nice reaction moments earlier in previous turn. You pass him on start/finish next lap, either way.

heres some gopro from wka at charlotte in lo206 there was a pretty big grupe and i finished p3 after starting 6th the pack i was with were setting the exact same times as the leaders so we had a chance to win
.https://youtu.be/lZvLTVejggc

1 Like

heres the ka prefinal with psome passing after a bad start https://youtu.be/rZkdVNh20X8

1 Like

I probably could have. I back off too much sometimes when I can complete a pass. Not sure what reaction youre talking about but thanks! You can see in 2021 I brake later in 2/3 braking points yet im still .4 off the previous year. I think I brake too early this year on that last left hander but I also take a better line. maybe if I brake like 2020 and take 2021 line ill find some time

Were the leaders the same pace as 2020? Or were they slower too? Itā€™s possible the track was off compared to last time you ran there.

They were the same pace, 41.8 last year 41.8 this year.

Just a short crash clip from last year for fun, I am the camera man.

Oof. That was a solid one.

Looks like really clean racing. I would be worried on that last move that the driver wouldnt notice me and turn into me. Nice job. @tjkoyen does going a little to the inside of the track than taking the space back up right before a turn to transfer weight help a lot?

It can. Typically this is what people are doing when they are ā€œflickingā€ the kart. Itā€™s like a Scandinavian flick in a car. Karts are very sensitive though, so the negative side would be going over the traction limit of the tire easily and oversteering. It can be used in a valid way if you are have some finesse and are controlled enough to keep the kart relatively stable when doing it.

The KA race was interesting. It looked like you had the pace to challenge leader. Or, rather, it looked like you had the pace for half the lap and the other guy, the other half. Was close until it wasnt.
I got the impression you were feeling the track out, a bit. Have you raced there before?

what kind of turns/situations is it useful for? hairpins? sweepers? I could try that for turn 2 which is where I think I lose the most time, and the last left hander kind of does it automatically

I got a whole topic on this for you:

Generally, a faster corner = faster hands. Seems obvious enough, but easy to overthink.

In a quick 90 degree corner for example, you need the kart to rotate immediately. You are not going to be turning the wheel enough to unload the inside rear mechanically through caster or frame flex. In a corner like this, a little flick can help the kart change direction faster.

1 Like

oh boyā€¦ cant wait to go down this rabbit holeā€¦
Thanks for finding that topic

1 Like

no this was my first time at the track.and at the end of the winier of the race had only the 3rd fastest lap so if are pack understood what it means to push each other towards the winer i had a chance at wining.i was disappointed with my ka race cuz in the prefinal me and the leader had equal pace but in the final i decided to change the tire pressure and it didnā€™t work.

are you talking about the leader on the first lap if so he wasnā€™t using a fast line he was instead defending for some reason.

Well, good job considering it was a new track to you!

1 Like

Good memories from Charlotte. The track looks great, looks like they did a great job refreshing it all.

There used to be a big jump on the start/finish line that made late overtakes into turn 1 really exciting.