What did you do to your kart today?

HMG Kart (Harden Motorsports Group), which begins life as a Factory Kart frame.

2 Likes

Fresh painted frame enters the garage!

Clean up some , and clean the threds and the holes on her to start assembly!

God we left so happy for home today !

2 Likes

What is “El plan”? Race it?

2 Likes

Its the second kart of our team . Its my mate george kart . And the plan is restore it and start practice sessions again after 3 years off from the sport .

After some seat time , we will see . For now its just have 2 karts ready for action in house

1 Like

Well it was yesterday, I chnaged piston on race engine and after that i binned the kart in to a tirewall with minimal damage only tie rods

Front crash bars and nose installed , steering column with fresh bearing also on . Working with brand new bolts and nuts on this kart makes the repairs look so fresh in the assembly process!

2 Likes

Is this the one that’s been sitting on the shelf that you havent driven yet?

Are you sure you want to open that door? :grin:

Assembled my new Ibea L2 I bought a while ago. Will test it tomorrow on my 100cc Minarelli :grin:

5 Likes

Actually its been sitting in my climate controled gun safe for 18 months. It went from getting blue printed to immediately being stored away. Figured it was time to pop it on there and see what all the hubbub is about, lol.

1 Like

It will be an experience. They are great engines. I loved mine and thr noises it made.

1 Like

Front end installed, waiting for fresh bearings to install the hubs .
Footbar on . New spindle bearings and cleaning -servicing the brake system to be ready for installation .

Starting to take great shape !

1 Like

You have such excellent floors

2 Likes

On Saturday, my friend and I spent about 4 hours changing our Sythe seat from large to Intermediate and adding pedal extensions for my 9-year-old driver. It was a task, but since we are both Noobies we took our time ensuring that the seat was not stressing the frame. It was a fun project. Now all that is left is mounting the clutch, then the engine to the frame. Lots of fun left.

2 Likes

Brakes installation. Rear axle brand new installation and adjust rear width. New rear axle bearings . New muffler support on !

God i love this game ! Hehehe…

3 Likes

As a 206 guy, I don’t know if the learning curve installing this thing will be worse than trying to wheel it on track. I am so far out of my comfort zone and I am NO MECHANIC!

I don’t know what half this crap is in the box. I think there will be some You Tube in my near future.

image0
image1
image2

3 Likes

Looking awesome mate!

1 Like

Kick off a topic I’m sure people will dig in and help.

2 Likes

Yep! Doesn’t look like it’s going too bad so far. We can get you there!

1 Like

Is that a front porch or just older style bumper?

It was a full sunday , we installed the radiator after clean up i side out of it . Water pump on also .

Engine on after gearbox oil change . And clean it up .

Next step is carb refreshing and electrical system installation … so happy returning home .