What did you do to your kart today?

That’s some serious weight loss. Congrats.

Congrats as well! Welcome to the low calorie gang.

Thanks it’s been a long 3 year journey. I had a bad streak of luck where I broke my foot, then my hand, and then tore my ACL in the span of 3 months. Couldn’t do much in the way of cardio so just kept lifting weights. Got back into karting and realized I was way too bulking and needed to shed some fat and muscle. It’s tough because I love lifting heavy weights at the gym and Olympic style lifting. Mostly changed it up to lighter weight and high reps. I’d say I’ve lost 40lbs in muscle and 10lbs in fat. Sucks that I can’t lift anywhere the weight I use to, but I am plenty strong for karting so it’s worth it.

1 Like

All you need is to be able to lift the kart off the stand, imho😀

That parts easy also since I put the kart on a diet as well. Ti hardware, carbon floor pan, no third bearing, etc…

TJ is such a solid dude, who offers alot of solid advice here on KP. If someone can school him of tire changing, I’d appreciate it. We need to keep him healthy, rofl.

Practice motor off and kart wiped down. General maintenance, oiling, and replacing tired rod ends.
Now that is finally under 90s in the morning, spent more time starting to take out some of the cabinets that came with the house. New cabinet and workbench system on the way.

Not today but spent Sunday doing some chassis testing and engine testing. Got a good baseline heading into shootout.

Got the kiddo out to put in another 100 laps or so. He’s flying. Hopefully it translates to pace at shootout.

1 Like

Moved my seat forward a few inches in hopes to
improve handling. I’m pretty sure a lot of my issues are due to being mounted too far back to accommodate my long limbs. I’m gonna experiment with sacrificing comfort for performance. My knees are almost touching the steering wheel now but I think I can manage.

2 Likes

I cleaned off the epic amount of sand and grass I collected during an epic 2 1/2 rotation spin off turn 2 at East Lansing.

If your knees arent above the steering wheel are you even trying :wink:

2 Likes

Those knees flop all over the place.

1 Like

Fabricating a new bottom seat stay today

Apparently you have to have your seat bolted on the bottom! :joy::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Should have done a couple laps like that! Reminds me of the Zenvo wing, One less seat support to be active ballast, moving with your body in the corners! You may be onto something!

1 Like

I didn’t notice it until I made a left turn and the seat dug into the ground! Which at the same time the right seat strut gave out and wallered out the seat and dug into the clutch on my 206! Immediate shut down at that point

Was the seat salvageable?

1 Like

Yes, fortunately I shut the engine off pretty quickly and drove off in the grass. The seat bottom will have to be repaired as it dug into the asphalt pretty hard.

1 Like

Pulling off some weight, cleaning up my clutch, changing driver and rear sprocket. NCMP Night Race this Saturday, it should be fun.

1 Like

Rotax US finals around the corner. Doing some new engine tuning tonight. Rocking the lambda sensor in an old pipe.

1 Like

Do you use that sensor for data / testing or do you run it during the race too?