What’s your 2022 ride?

Dealer just dropped it off for his 10th birthday. Just need to get his engine back from the engine builder, and we’ll be in business!

Needless to say, he’s a happy little dude.

8 Likes

HBD to the little dude!

1 Like

Kiddos kart dialed and ready for race 1 next weekend

4 Likes

2012 Arrow X2, frame welded and straightened at Comet, Ghost Racing LO206, rattle can frame paint job. Really looking forward to the season, starts in less than 2 weeks!

5 Likes

Long run on sentence here we go:
After a few years off, moving from home in NY to Charlotte, back to home in 2020, eventually settling in Indy last year, working for an Indycar team, and winning the Indycar Championship in 2021, jumping in rides at New Castle on off weekends, I’m finally able to take a step into getting back into the seat.

Got a pretty good steal on a 2020 TB Kart S197 shifter chassis with about 7 races on it once run by HMG for $1500.
Planning on running a Maxter MXO engine i’ve got to get my feet wet in the shifter world, and then look for a ROK near the end of the year. The plan is to eventually run some Stars series races.

Looking forward to cleaning this thing up and getting back into the seat.

Came with a brand new IAME radiator and a new set of yellows :smile:

8 Likes

Congrats on the Indycar Championship! :+1:

1 Like

First race Sunday at New Castle. We’ll see how it goes…

2 Likes

Here’s part of my 2022 ride. Project I’ve been working on for a year so far.

Four stroke shifter with integrated clutch and gear shift. Planning to torture the living daylights out of it and repeatedly break it to see what the weak spots might be. It actually dates back to 2013 or so, designed by Marcos Ambrose racing.

Also will add a new EFI system with launch control and no lift shift. Quick pic as I leave the shop.

Power level will be on par with 80cc shifters. Idea being that you can run it on your non front brake chassis. Ie replace your Briggs, 100 or TaG with it and experience “shifter thrills without the bills” :joy:

From now on when I hear someone say “EFI is too complex for karting”, I’ll show them a pic of the fuel
system on this thing with two fuel pumps, a tank and a bazillion lines.

6 Likes

Finally got all the decals and gunk off the bodywork, finished the design and ordered up my new decal kit. Looking to get this thing out on-track as soon as I can to knock the large amounts of rust off before I jump into a race this year.

5 Likes

Here we are with the front view repping some KP.

4 Likes

Nice livery! How did you get the unobtanium KP sticker?

Didn’t Subaru use EFI on their 4 stroke kart engine ? Same with Swiss auto and their SA250

I was speaking more to the reaction you get from folks when EFI comes up. It get pretty tribal.

No idea about Subaru but there was an EFI version of the SA250. I have the throttle body and injectors from it on the test system until I have something of our own.

I’ve seen the CRF250 on karts with its EFI still intact as well.

These were older systems that are heavy on power with a return pump, large form factor and probably most importantly…. Easy to modify/cheat.

The ID engine you linked to a while back has an EFI system on it too with paddle shifters.

4 Likes

This is mine praga evo with x30 junior

1 Like

Whats the starter for ??

Printed into the wrap. :grin:

2 Likes

Hey a ghost racing logo, too!

1 Like

The whole first half of the day yesterday I thought Burpo had two different karts. One blue one and one red one. Every time I saw him it must have been from the opposite side. The wrap looked really cool.

3 Likes

Take the red pill or the blue pill: red pill is inside pass, blue pill is try the outside. :sunglasses: