Your Home Track (KP Members)

hahahah yea but 3s is an awesome work out for your body , every track seems smooth as glass after you run at Enzo’s

I miss that place! The in-laws are on golden lake so it was less than a mile away from their house. It was easy to hang out on the lake for a day and then head over for the mains

1 Like

Our climate is very similar to Ontario and while I am sure if we raced in the winter we would notice some heaving but I think the foundation is key to how tracks survive. Four winters on the repave of Lafayette and I would say the on track activity is harsher than what mother nature throws at it.

Dom I thought OVRP had some newer asphalt or is that an old picture?

My other 2 tracks, 1 now defunct
Canaan motor club, 75mph speeds in a WF, 1.2 miles, off camber turns, kerbs, and several layouts

X1 boston, GRIPPED to heck. banked turn, kerbs, long straight, very technical

That’s google earth. So yeah, probably old. In the Karting Photography - #25 by Bimodal_Rocket
thread I did some recent shots. The concrete is nice.

Blackhawk farms is probably the closest thing we have to a home track these days. Great track for endurance racing.

I am fortunate enough to have two relatively close to me.
NTK

and DKC

soon to be expanded to this:

It’s a good time to be in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area.

DKC is fun unless you’re racing with trashed ribs. Like I was the only time I raced there.

I know this may be counter culture, but I actually like the original layout of the current track better. Back then, the T2(R), T3(R), T4(L) switchback forced you to be very smooth. Now they have eliminated T4(L) and its a short double apex into a straight. What made it even more challenging was when we ran clockwise.

How long ago did you run there?

2014 for Pro Tour I think it was. Brutally hot, my ribs were separated on the left side and cracked on the right side. Someone’s huge trailer caught fire in the pits and we had to evacuate to the infield of the track while fire trucks came. I bent my kart. Pretty eventful weekend.

Not knowing what you don’t know, and being that I don’t travel much. I’m always amazed at how small other tracks are compared to my home track. Never relized it until I started seeing others layout and arieal photos.

Keep the pictures coming. Seems like Dallas Karting Complex is the only one I’ve seen that seems comperable in size to Monticello.

The fire was 2013 it looks like. CRG Nordam’s trailer I think. I thought I had pics but I might not have put them in the gallery I posted.

https://www.kartpulse.com/albums/spring-nats-2013/49

2 of the tracks I posted are 1.3 miles. Those are some of the biggest I know of

1 Like

There was a 98 degree day when I did the x1 summer camp. Mulch caught on fire, kid passed out, tires got real sticky.

Elias, does this look like it?

1 Like

Very close but there are some cutoffs and new roads that I racing hasn’t added. Surprised it lets you go out there. My record is a 47.5 (most recent race) see if you can beat that

Im almost dead center between Road America and Badger Kart but have only been to Road America so far.

2 Likes

No way I can… The road surface off the track is actually ridiculously rough. As I turn back to main track, there’s a weird seam in the world and I have to crawl over it.

Am I traveling in the right direction? When we do NH Road track in USF, the rotation is the opposite.

Whiteland Raceway Park

3 Likes