Your Home Track (KP Members)

Hi I was just there 2 weeks ago for KartStars!

1 Like

They use it for starting the Kid Kart races sometimes, or they used to. Sometimes it’s also used for the fun races like the annual backwards race where they do a Le Mans style start.

There is a separate kidney bean-shaped oval not pictured (would be bottom left, off pic) that is often used for kids getting up to speed or clutch stall tests.

That looks fun for the little ones. I’ve seen tiny indoors ovals in electric indoor for kids as well.

OVRP Cuddebackville, NY

NJMP Millville, NJ

ETOWN Old Bridge, NJ

Seems like OVRP is likely to be home going forwards. NJMP needs a new fleet.

What city/ state are these in?

Goodwood Kartways Ballentrae Ontario. Runs in all configs with/without chicanes and in both directions. I thought it was rough until I went to 3-S! Thats a loooooooonnnngggg straight when run its normal CCW without the chicane on the main straight.

there actually not that bad , Mosport is our biggest track and its pretty smooth but being part of CTMP it probably get more attention then most kart tracks but most of them are pretty smooth , 3s is just vintage and holds alot of history the owner is well known in the karting world in north america and europe

hahahah yea but 3s is an awesome work out for your body , every track seems smooth as glass after you run at Enzo’s

I miss that place! The in-laws are on golden lake so it was less than a mile away from their house. It was easy to hang out on the lake for a day and then head over for the mains

1 Like

Our climate is very similar to Ontario and while I am sure if we raced in the winter we would notice some heaving but I think the foundation is key to how tracks survive. Four winters on the repave of Lafayette and I would say the on track activity is harsher than what mother nature throws at it.

Dom I thought OVRP had some newer asphalt or is that an old picture?

My other 2 tracks, 1 now defunct
Canaan motor club, 75mph speeds in a WF, 1.2 miles, off camber turns, kerbs, and several layouts

X1 boston, GRIPPED to heck. banked turn, kerbs, long straight, very technical

That’s google earth. So yeah, probably old. In the Karting Photography - #25 by Bimodal_Rocket
thread I did some recent shots. The concrete is nice.

Blackhawk farms is probably the closest thing we have to a home track these days. Great track for endurance racing.

I am fortunate enough to have two relatively close to me.
NTK

and DKC

soon to be expanded to this:

It’s a good time to be in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area.

DKC is fun unless you’re racing with trashed ribs. Like I was the only time I raced there.

I know this may be counter culture, but I actually like the original layout of the current track better. Back then, the T2(R), T3(R), T4(L) switchback forced you to be very smooth. Now they have eliminated T4(L) and its a short double apex into a straight. What made it even more challenging was when we ran clockwise.

How long ago did you run there?

2014 for Pro Tour I think it was. Brutally hot, my ribs were separated on the left side and cracked on the right side. Someone’s huge trailer caught fire in the pits and we had to evacuate to the infield of the track while fire trucks came. I bent my kart. Pretty eventful weekend.

Not knowing what you don’t know, and being that I don’t travel much. I’m always amazed at how small other tracks are compared to my home track. Never relized it until I started seeing others layout and arieal photos.

Keep the pictures coming. Seems like Dallas Karting Complex is the only one I’ve seen that seems comperable in size to Monticello.

The fire was 2013 it looks like. CRG Nordam’s trailer I think. I thought I had pics but I might not have put them in the gallery I posted.

https://www.kartpulse.com/albums/spring-nats-2013/49